Is it too bold for me to think that some of you have missed me this week? After NaBloPoMo (which I NaBlew in the first week, but I kept going), when I posted almost every day in the month on November, She is Too Fond of Books has been remarkably dark and quiet these past few days.
I’ve been under the weather with my first ever migraine (48 hours of hell!). I have renewed empathy for any of you who suffer from these.
Apparently, my migraines are the result of hormonal changes andmy entering into a “new stage of life.” That’s how they say it at the doctor’s office, you can hear the quotation marks around the words, and they come out with an audible whispery hiss. I’m 43 for crying out loud, not ancient! Stop talking about me like I’m a gallon of milk that was left out on the counter too long!
Things they tell me I should avoid:
- aged cheeses
- red wine
Hello?! What am I supposed to eat now?! Bread and water, the prison diet?! Bran muffins and prune juice?! “New stage of life,” indeed!
(deep breath). OK. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. Back to books. Here’s what you can expect to see around here in the next few days:
- review of Holidays on Ice
- Spotlight on Bookstores / guest post by Joyce Hinnefeld (In Hovering Flight)
- interview with Joyce Hinnefeld
- Friday Finds (maybe … if it gets to be Sunday and this isn’t posted, I’ll skip this week)
- review of The Green Beauty Guide. This was supposed to post yesterday (12/4); many thanks to Lisa at TLC Book Tours for her understanding. I loved this book, and had fun trying out a few of the beauty recipes in it. If you can’t wait for my review, check out these other blogs on the tour:
- Monday, November 17th: Allie’s Answers
- Tuesday, November 18th: Life and Times of a “New” New Yorker
- Wednesday, November 19th: Nature Moms Blog
- Thursday, November 20th: Books and Cooks
- Monday, November 24th: Green Phone Booth and Going Green
- Tuesday, November 25th: The Good Human
- Wednesday, November 26th: OrganicBeautySource.com
- Friday, November 28th: Crunchy Chicken
- Monday, December 1st: Surely You Nest
- Tuesday, December 2nd: Greenstylemom
- Wednesday, December 3rd: Rawdorable
- Thursday, December 4th: She is Too Fond of Books
- Friday, December 5th: Presenting Lenore
- Monday, December 8th: Red Lady’s Reading Room
- Tuesday, December 9th: Savvy Verse and Wit
- Wednesday, December 10th: Bookopolis (will also be posted as a Guest Review at Books on the Brain)
- Thursday, December 11th: B & B ex libris
Well, I allowed myself 30 minutes on the laptop this afternoon … going thru the e-mail that has piled up and writing this post has eaten up my time (must learn to type even faster!). See you later, folks, this old lady has to rest!