Melissa, aka Betty and Boo’s Mommy from The Betty and Boo Chronicles, is hosting a brand new challenge!
The Memorable Memoir Reading Challenge for 2010 asks participants to read at least four memoirs, letters, diaries, and/or autobiographies during 2010. Overlaps with other challenges are allowed, as are audiobooks.
I keep thinking that I’ve joining my last reading challenge for the year, then another great one sneaks up on me! I really like personal memoir (which I distinguish from celebrity memoir); one of my favorites from last year is Nancy Bachrach’s The Center of the Universe.
Yes, I’m on board for the Memorable Memoir Reading Challenge; I’ll track my books in this post:
- Undress Me in the Temple of Heaven by Susan Jane Gilman
- The Power of Half by Kevin Salwen and Hannah Salwen
- Every Day in Tuscany by Frances Mayes
- Clara’s Kitchen by Clara Cannucciari
- A Long Stone’s Throw by Alphie McCourt
- Have I Got a Guy for You ed. by Alix Strauss
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
- Talking to Girls about Duran Duran by Rob Sheffield
- The Bucolic Plague by Josh Kilmer-Purcell
Do you enjoy memoirs and autobiographies? Will you be joining the Memorable Memoir Reading Challenge? (c’mon, it’s only four books!)