This year’s What’s in A Name? challenge is hosted over at Beth Fish Reads. She has come up with a list of categories, and the challenge is to read six book with titles that each fit one of the categories.
For example, for the category plant, you might choose to read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Wind in the Willows, The Name of the Rose … or any other book that works.
All formats (print, audio, e-book) are accepted, and you may have overlaps with other challenges.
Full details are on the What’s in a Name challenge intro at Beth Fish Reads.
I’ll keep track of my books here:
- food – Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois
- body of water – The Swimming Pool by Holly LeCraw
- title – The Postmistress by Sarah Blake
- plant – S is for Shamrock by Eve Bunting
- place name – Shanghai Girls by Lisa See
- music term – The Singer’s Gun by Emily St. John Mandel
Have you joined this fun challenge? I played along last year … there were some very creative entries!